This is the story of Jake Biggs and his dad, George.
George spends all week knocking down buildings… and all weekend knocking down wrestlers. He’s the Demolition Man, and Jake couldn’t be prouder.
But when Jake hears about a pro-wrestling competition in the USA, and persuades his dad to apply, things don’t quite turn out quite the way he expected.
Phil has recently finished a six month stint as the Booktrust’s online writer-in-residence.
A self-confessed non-reader as a child, Phil’s aim as writer-in-residence was to interview a range of authors, graphic novelists, illustrators, poets and editors to help young people find the books that will turn them into readers.
Phil’s other books include:
- Heroic – a story of brotherhood, and how for many soldiers, the real battle starts when they return home.
- Bubble Wrap Boy –Charlie is small, clumsy and has an over-protective mum watching his every move. But Charlie has a plan…
If you liked this book, look out for...
- David Walliams,
- The Bolds by Julian Clary
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl,
- The Tapper Twins by Geoff Rodkey